USA maps out now
Up-Map T800+ App Based ECU Reflash for Tuareg
This is a Bluetooth Andriod or iOS smartphone app based Plug-and-Play option to get RACE (aka full power/full system exhaust compatible) mapping on your Tuareg.
When you buy this product, you get the Up-Map T800+ module, the canbus cable, and then download the respective app on your Android or iOS smartphone.
This is a full power RACE/Off Road Use only ECU flash for the Tuareg. All rider aid functions are retained, all dashboard functionality is retained.
Most importantly, this is a safe and correct way to run an aftermarket exhaust with no catalytic converter and allows removal any servo's or EGR system components without ECU errors or check engine lights.
ABS can be turned off for the rear wheel only. Front wheel ABS is always active.
The Upmap comes with three maps:
- Stock map (to restore the ECU to OEM status )
- The second map is analogous to the Aprilia RACE/Rally* map for your bike; you can choose the Aprilia Race map (this is what AF1 Racing recommends), or an alternative non-race map for your model, if applicable. Use the promo code FREERACE to download it for free!
- The third map is a Gabro Racing tuned map: surf the map store via the App and choose the tuned map applicable to your bike mods. (Read map descriptions carefully!) Use the promo code GRTMAP to download it for free!
Again, the codes to access the maps are FREERACE and GRTMAP. These codes are valid only for UpMaps sold by AF1 Racing.
The official installation and use manual in .pdf format and the full app user manual in .pdf format.
Further discussion of this module can be found at this link on www.apriliaforum.com
*A word about the Rally/Race map. The Tuareg seems to be the Aprilia model most committed to doing things just slightly different than every other model. As such, there is no point and shoot "Race" map for the Tuareg as of August 2022. Instead you have three options:
- Map for Full System with no catalytic converter (referred to as DEKAT_SLIPON in the Upmap ap) This is the map that most closely resemebles a "RACE" map. This is the AF1 Racing recommends all users select, provided your Tuareg has a full system exhaust fitted.
- Map for muffler only (referred to as SLIPON): For use when the stock header/collectors have been left installed and only the muffler has been replaced
- Map for stock muffler but with aftermarket header/collectors (referred to as DEKAT_STOCK-CAN).
Some additional use and activation notes are below:
Once logged in the app and connected/paired the tool and app to the bike, you can download the stock map for restore.
Then go to the map store and download the race map using the coupon code "free-race"
Each T800+ marries only one ECU/Bike, so it can be used on your bike only.
Initial slow speed file transfer due to bluetooth instability has been solved. UpMap can be used on both Android and IOS phone/tablets.
The flashing process lasts about 15min, this new Marelli 11MP ECU stores a very big map file and needs time to download and write it down.
It is strongly recommended to use a battery tenders on the bike battery and to keep your smartphone plugged into it's charger during the flashing process.
By the end of the flash the T800+ automatically performs throttle learning and errors reset. It will ask you to key-off/key-on the bike.
Once the ECU has been flashed you can choose if remove the Upmap T800+ module from the bike or leave it connected. It goes standby after 30 minutes of bluetooth inactivity. Battery drain from the UpMap during standby is negligible.
OBD errors log/erase has been recently added to the App, so you'll be able to check error codes and reset them, if needed.
FOR CLOSED COURSE COMPETITION USE ONLY. NOT INTENDED FOR STREET USE. LEGAL IN CALIFORNIA ONLY FOR RACING VEHICLES WHICH MAY NEVER BE USED, OR REGISTERED OR LICENSED FOR USE, UPON A HIGHWAY.