Extreme Components Italy "SBK" Rearsets RSV4 (AF1-EC-RSV4SBK-SILVER)
Extreme Components Italy "SBK" Rearsets for '09-'12 RSV4*.
These Rearsets are made by Aprilia's official 2015 WSBK team sponsor.
The design of these rearsets appear to be heavily influenced by the World Superbike rearsets fitted to the RSV4's raced in WSBK during the 2015 season by Leon Haslam and Jordi Torres. Their extreme race focus can be seen by the lack of some features that would normally be expected on road focused rearsets.
These rearsets feature the heavily desired long lever SBK version gear shift pedal to maximize shift leverage and minimize false neutral incidences.
*Please note: Not for ABS models
Some important notes about fitting these rearsets are below:
- Installation is not for the faint of heart; the 170mm shift rod included with this kit must be cut to length, died, and smoothed prior to installation
- The stock rear brake switch must be discarded in favor of the pressure switch included in the kit. The wiring for the included switch must be cut, spliced, and soldered in.
- Ironically, these rearsets are designed for road shift pattern only. There are two ways to convert to GP shift:
- The rear brake return spring is an external type fitted to the pushrod. This set up is very similar to the one used on the 2015 WSBK RSV4 of Leon Haslam as seen in this photo
- The toe piece is not nylock secured to the shift pedals. Use of Medium Strength Threadlock Compound is mandatory.
- These rearsets are not compatible with the stock exhaust.
- These rearsets are not compatible with any exhaust that bolts to the tab on the back of the rearset.
*Please note: Rear Brake Pedal Pushrod Adjustmet should be reset anytime rearsets are fitted. This .pdf excerpt from the Aprilia Service Manual explains the process (Mille shown, all models use same values).